Friday, January 15, 2010

CyberStar Real Estate Conference

I just returned from Scottsdale where I attended a real estate conference with 140 other top-notch real estate brokers from around the world. The CyberStars are a mastermind group founded by Allen Hainge and is a by invitation only network of tech savvy Realtors. Worldwide, there are 240 members and 140 of us met to share marketing, technology, business practices and the latest in real estate concepts. CyberStars are traditionally on the leading edge of new techniques that eventually become the standard of practice in our industry. This was my eighth CyberStar conference that I had attended.

Aside from coming back definitely charged up and with a positive outlook on 2010, I was exposed to numerous new ideas that will be implemented throughout the year ahead. During a period of time when so many real estate markets have gone through such a difficult time, it was great to get the very positive energy from these outstanding people.

Another huge benefit of this group is that if I ever have clients moving to other cities that a CyberStar serves, I am able to refer them to a broker that I know will give top-quality service. It can be so difficult when someone has to move and they don't know anybody in the destination city but by being referred to a CyberStar, I know they will have professional representation and a person who will eventually become your friend.

At the conference, Allen Hainge, the founder and president of our group, announced the transition of ownership to Brad Korn from Kansas City. The last several years Allen has been battling a major health issue and he determined that it was time to pass on the reins to a younger man. I've known Brad for six or seven years and he is extremely competent and very progressive in his real estate technology, techniques and practices.

No comments: